Zucchini stuffed with
Savory Tofu Spread
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
3 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut off the stems and navels from the zucchini and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Lightly brush 2 baking sheets with olive oil. Place the zucchini slices on the sheets, brush the tops lightly with more olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven until soft but not browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. Using a wooden spoon beat with Tofu Spread until smooth.
4. Place a teaspoonful of filling at the wider end of each zucchini slice and roll up the slice. Fix rolls with chives. (Optional)
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
Tip: For a filling you can use your favorite flavor of Tofu Spread.