Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
1/2 pack Mexican tofu spread
1 medium eggplant
1 cup roasted chickpeas
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Begin with the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and spices, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy, stirring around a few times throughout the cooking. Let cool and prepare remaining ingredients.
- Slice eggplant into ½ rounds. Brush with olive oil then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill over medium heat until seared on both sides, about 2–4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Prepare two bowls, evenly distributing the Tofu Spread, basil, chickpeas and remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!