asparagus and broccoli with
Savory Tofu Spread
2 lbs. fresh washed asparagus, broccoli, carrots
5-6 tbsps Savory Tofu Spread
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt (preferably fine sea salt)
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- For asparagus, trim off any woody ends and if the stalk is very thick use a vegetable peeler and shave off the thick outer flesh of the lower one third of the stalk to expose the most tender part.
- For broccoli, cut off florets into whole pieces.
- For carrots, cut off both ends and cut medium carrot sticks. Leave them whole. (Optional)
- Using your hands, toss the prepared Vegetables with the olive oil, salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees in the center rack of your oven for 15-20 minutes (broccoli may take 25-30 min) turning over with a spatula half way through roasting for even cooking.
- Remove from the oven when the vegetables are tender and browned testing at 15 minutes and roasting longer if needed.
- Serve immediately with Savory Tofu Spread.